Cancer is a disease in which the body's abnormal cells multiply at a higher than normal rate and spread to one or more parts of the body, sometimes causing the development of masses and tumors. Kosciusko Community Hospital's cancer care facility combines cancer treatment technology with oncology specialists to deliver care and support to cancer patients and their families.
Our team features:
- Experienced board-certified physicians
- Modern radiation therapy techniques
- Sophisticated equipment
- Extensive patient and family support via our Patient Navigator Program
- The convenience of care within your community
- Patient-specific treatment plans
- TrueBeam technology was developed to deliver powerful cancer treatments with pinpoint accuracy and precision. TrueBeam opens the door to new possibilities for the treatment of challenging cases such as cancers in the lung, breast, abdomen, and head and neck as well as other cancers that are treatable with radiotherapy.
- TrueBeam system can deliver many forms of radiotherapy, including: image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT), intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), RapidArc® radiotherapy technology and Gated RapidArc. Because of this, TrueBeam can allow clinicians to tailor specific radiotherapy treatments.
Fast and precise
- TrueBeam’s technology makes it possible to deliver fast, accurate image-guided treatments within just a few minutes per day.
- With advanced imaging, the TrueBeam system allows clinicians to deliver treatment more accurately by enabling them to “see” the tumor they treat and target tumors with submillimeter accuracy.
- Many tumors in places like the lungs move when you breathe in and out. The TrueBeam system includes a new “respiratory gating” option for synchronizing beam delivery with respiration. This helps maintain accuracy, as the system synchronizes its targeting whenever tumor motion is an issue, for example during lung cancer treatments.
- The precision of TrueBeam system is measured in increments of less than a millimeter. This accuracy is made possible by the system’s sophisticated architecture, which synchronizes imaging, patient positioning, motion management, beam shaping and dose delivery, performing accuracy checks every ten milliseconds throughout the entire treatment.
- You can be exposed to less X-ray dose with the TrueBeam system. Additional imaging functionality provides the opportunity to use 25% less X-ray dose compared to earlier imaging technology.
- The system’s imager generates 3-D images of the tumor and surrounding anatomy 60% faster than was possible with previous generations of imaging technology.
Built with comfort in mind
- Fast treatment time can minimize interruption of your daily life.
- Three closed-circuit television systems with two-way audio mean you can be in constant and continuous contact with the therapist running the machine. It’s almost as if the therapist is in the room with you.
- Enhanced technology allows for music to be played during your treatment, helping to create a more soothing environment.
For more information or to make an appointment, please call: (574) 372-3800 (574) 372-3800